We wanted to check in with you to send our warmest thoughts and hopes that you and loved ones are safe/healthy.
We are working full-time, both on-site and from home to deliver our services and maintain support contact as best we can, considering the limitations imposed by the pandemic.
LDI enters this 3rd week of online/distance learning with the following updates:
- Advisors are making student appointments using WebEx, Zoom, and Schoology Conference capabilities. We want to talk to each of them weekly, getting valuable face time and human contact through this isolating and lonely time for them. Please message staff if there are conflicts with scheduling, but we have them set up during normal LDI hours.
- Some classes will be integrating live portions to their classroom instruction to create a more interactive, dynamic learning experience. The Job Exploration class begins virtual instruction today, April 21 at 11:15 PST. The class will be “flipped”, meaning your son or daughter will review the lesson independently for the first 45 minutes of scheduled class time and then go into Schoology and use the Conference function to attend the live class. The live class will offer a deeper, higher-level dive into the materials and real-time discussions, and will eventually add polling, break out rooms, shared screens, etc.
- To understand how to use the Schoology Conference function, please watch this 50 second YouTube for getting into the Conference room for the class https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbQ6mgW0mbQ
- LDI will have staff available to troubleshoot any tech or navigation issues that come up. My best advice would be to log into the class at least 5 or 10 minutes before it starts to test your equipment and connection. If there is a problem, please reach out to us!
- Cassidy will be calling any student who does not log into the class on time, with a separate call to parents informing them of the same. Please use the April 3, 2020, parent email we sent for guidance and responsibilities. Attendance and participation are key to being able to pass classes in the absence of face to face assessments of student engagement in our normal environment.
- We will be having a summer extension of classes from June 8-26th, and you should expect to follow up from us on enrolling and any application paperwork necessary for students on scholarship.
Thank you again for your prayers, positive thoughts, and support of LDI…. they keep us going!