LDI Online class days are required to be treated as “regular” school days for teachers and students. The objective is to teach daily lessons as if students are in school. This will allow the students to have a seamless transition back to school, when students are allowed back, and continue the school year on pace and without interruptions (assuming technology availability is not disrupted).
- Read, read, read your class lesson instructions every day! Pay special attention to course requirements, submission guidelines, assignment information, due dates, and grading criteria. If you do not understand the expectations, contact your instructor immediately.
- Expect 30 to 45 minutes of work per class depending upon the day of the week.
- Expect to complete assignments and participate in class discussions daily. Do not wait until the last minute to submit assignments or respond to discussion threads. Your class work is due the day it is assigned, so for us to grant credit we will enforce due dates to ensure accountability.
- You will follow the regular weekly schedule provided in the attachment and saved online.
- If multiple people in the family are utilizing the same computer, be sure to close the browser after each individual use.
- Academic integrity is you doing your own work, and not copying someone else’s ideas, thoughts, or research. LDI Online is here to support positive student online learning, please reach out if you need support!
- It is the student’s responsibility to be proactive. If you don’t see an assignment for the day or if you have any questions, reach out to your teacher via email.
- All LDI teachers will post lessons for the week in your Schoology student account. Lesson and lesson updates will be posted in the planner with links to needed resources for each day.
- Instructors will be available during their scheduled time slot each school day to answer questions via email. Some teachers may have live help available and will message students about scheduling support calls through Schoology or the students LDI Outlook email address. There may instances where the teacher is not available during the scheduled class time, and students should call the main line and have staff forward the request or issue.
- Be proactive and communicate with your instructor. Always email your teacher with your student Outlook email. Students also have the message option available to message the instructor through Schoology.
- Parents are an important component to online student success and should monitor their child’s progress or difficulties using the Parent portal in Schoology. Monitoring helps you know how they are using class time, and we ask you to be supportive of your child without supporting them by doing their work! Please let us know if you need a link to enable this feature.
Thank you for your hard work and patience as we all work to navigate LDI- online learning. We hope that everyone stays healthy and safe during this time and that we stay connected as a learning community moving forward!