2021 Emerging Leaders Summer Academy
Monday, June 14, 2021 through Friday, July 2, 2021
High School – On Campus or Virtual Participation
So, You Want to Tell a Story?!
During this three-week summer course, you will learn the foundations of a chosen artistic expression, explore your creativity, and develop techniques in visual art, digital media, creative writing or graphic design through a variety of hands-on experiences, demonstrations, and exercises.
- Explore entry-level artistic courses designed for artists in grades 9-12.
- Become immersed in the art of your choice: Music production, visual arts, creative writing, digital film making, video game development or graphic media.
- Showcase your completed work through performances, productions, and readings.
- Study with professional artists with real-world experience.
- Receive technical instruction in drawing, animation, game design, creative writing and digital media.
- Trigger your creative side, while strengthening communication and writing skills.
- Learn to use real-world tools and techniques for the genre of your choice.
At the end of the course, each student will produce original works of creativity expressing their emotions and ideas, present their projects with peer/staff feedback, and have the opportunity to exhibit their work!
Empathic Thinking or Reactive Emotions? How to Tell the Difference in our Attitudes, Values and Beliefs
Do you feel trapped in patterns of behavior that you cannot break- in your school, your relationships, and your life? This 3-week class shares core strategies and uplifting information that you can shape your life into what matters most to you as an individual!
Learning Concepts include:
- How learning to be a better thinker helps you achieve personal goals.
- Focusing on making intelligent decisions, even when your choices seem confusing or overwhelming.
- Developing a personal life philosophy based on: informed opinions and enlightened values.
- Attacking problems and life obstacles logically and overcoming self-destructive habits.
- Improving your relationships by becoming a better communicator- and listener.
At the end of the course, each student will develop and share their personal plan of meaning that defines how they choose to live a successful and richly satisfying life.
Fun Summer Adventure Day Trip Activities!
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
Ahh! Phoenix summers mean there is nothing quite like a visit to the water park to beat the summer heat. Hurricane Harbor Phoenix has the tallest slides, best group rides, wave pools, and quiet areas to not only enjoy a day full of fun, but also keep you cool and comfortable as the temperature starts to rise. Our group will have most of the day to max out their energies.
Wilson Canyon Midgely Bridge Trail
Wilson Canyon and the Midgely Bride Trail is just north of Sedona, and is a kind of locals only trail that leads to what is known as the “Mini-Slide Rock”, a lesser used section of Oak Creek Canyon with well-marked trails.
The trail is approximately 2 miles round trip and is rated easy outside of some short, steep parts. The portion we will use begins by accessing a tunnel under HWY 89A which takes our group to Oak Creek where we can lay on the flat rock surfaces, listen to the sounds of the water, hike the trails, swim, boulder hop, wade in knee deep water, stack stone cairns, and sit under the trees- all while surrounded by some of the most beautiful red rock sandstone formations in the world!
Connect With Our Admissions Team
In-person and virtual programs for high school students and young adults with Autism, ADHD, LD, & NVLD
Please connect with LDI’s Admissions Team or call us directly at 623-773-1545 to learn more about the program and start the application process.