Purpose: A rally dedicated to updating public perceptions and attitudes towards the capabilities of People with Disabilities.
Where: Arizona State Capitol Mall, 1700 West Washington, Phoenix, Arizona
When: October 28, 2010, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Opportunities: A slate of local and nationally known speakers from grassroots, business, and government will:
- Celebrate the transformative power of achieving the American right to decent work and fair treatment.
- Build “Disability Confident” employers by making an effective business case for the advantages of working with this diverse workforce.
- Share the potential of harnessing the largest and most underserved American minority through voter registration, market-specific branding, and innovative product/service creation.
- Bring public attention to the lifespan issues of adults with disabilities associated with work, health care, housing, and community connectedness.
- Move us forward as a more just community that transcends the fears, stigmas and exclusion of relatives, neighbors, and people who have a disability into creating an inclusive society with them as citizens of equal standing.
- Connect your social media/organization sites to the EmployAbility links below and post news from your community to ours that support or promote efforts to improve employment for people with disabilities.
- On the day of the event, host & post your live local YouTube, Twitter, Flickr and Facebook updates creating an international virtual rally.
20 tables/chairs will be arranged around the mall hosting community agencies/businesses that provide employment support/guidance, program materials, voter registration, and other resources for accessing appropriate services and support throughout the rally. Vendor space is $250 per table, with a priority for organizations & businesses having an employment focus.