Purpose: A rally dedicated to updating public perceptions and attitudes towards the capabilities of People with Disabilities.
Where: Arizona State Capitol Mall, 1700 West Washington, Phoenix, Arizona
When: October 28, 2010, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Opportunities: A slate of local and nationally known speakers from grassroots, business, and government will:
- Celebrate the transformative power of achieving the American right to decent work and fair treatment.
- Build “Disability Confident” employers by making an effective business case for the advantages of working with this diverse workforce.
- Share the potential of harnessing the largest and most underserved American minority through voter registration, market-specific branding, and innovative product/service creation.
- Bring public attention to the lifespan issues of adults with disabilities associated with work, health care, housing, and community connectedness.
- Move us forward as a more just community that transcends the fears, stigmas and exclusion of relatives, neighbors, and people who have a disability into creating an inclusive society with them as citizens of equal standing.
- Connect your social media/organization sites to the EmployAbility links below and post news from your community to ours that support or promote efforts to improve employment for people with disabilities.
- On the day of the event, host & post your live local YouTube, Twitter, Flickr and Facebook updates creating an international virtual rally.
20 tables/chairs will be arranged around the mall hosting community agencies/businesses that provide employment support/guidance, program materials, voter registration, and other resources for accessing appropriate services and support throughout the rally. Vendor space is $250 per table, with a priority for organizations & businesses having an employment focus.
I love the idea of this rally. Perhaps it can be the prototype for a rally in D.C.
Thanks Henry, it is a start and something to build upon!
It is simple to see that you are knowledgeable about your writing. Looking forward to future posts.Thank you.
Thank you Leland for your interest in this topic and feedback on the blog!
I appreciate you following the posts and am glad that the information is useful to you.
I am glad that you are getting useful information from these posts, and appreciate the commens. In terms of your question, WordPress has widgets that you add on to allow you to post to category and key words of the author’s choosing. I am not an expert by any means in this area, but Mashable is a good site as well as using WordPress to ask these kinds of questions for bookmarking or other functionalities. Hope this answers your question, if not I do respond to pain and threats of violence to get what you want out of me…lol!
I appreciate you for this kind of fascinating write-up! Furthermore, i possess a website and i am wanting to know, where can i download such excellent theme like your own?
Thanks for the kind words and I am not sure what exactly you are looking for when you ask about our theme. Do you mean what our site appearance looks like or the content of the message?