As the nation reflects upon the life and legacy of Dr. King, LDI takes a moment to honor his memory in the most appropriate way possible, which is by quoting his very words:
- The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
- I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
- Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, “What are you doing for others?”
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
- The time is always right to do what is right.
- Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.
- Forgiveness is not an occasional act. It is a permanent attitude.
- Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.
Leave A Comment